Ling gu 【灵骨】Spirit Bone – 22.05
Point location: On the large intestine meridian, at the meeting of the first and second metacarpal bones. Proximal to point Li 4.
Reaction area: Heart, Lung, Large intestine.
Opens the meridians, quicken the Luo meridians, diffuse the lung attune the qi, attune and descend the stomach and intestine, move the qi and blood transform stasis.
Needle: 1-2 Cun. Ninety degrees in towards Chong Xian (22.02). This point is contraindicated in pregnancy according to Master Dong.
- Lung qi deficiency: emphysema, lung cancer.
- Pain disorders: Upper / lower back pain, sciatica, leg pain, facial paralysis, hemiplegia, headache.
- Menstrual regulation, menstrual cramps, pain during childbirth.
- Coronary heart disease, pulse irregularity.
- Stomach problems: Stomach ulcers, intestinal infections, chronic, colitis.
- Eye and ear diseases.
22.05 (Ling gu) is the main point for regulating and moving qi and blood. This point supports qi because it is located on the large intestine Yang Ming meridian.