Acupuncture is very safe to have during pregnancy and is an effective option at a time when many women choose to avoid taking medicines to ease their conditions. This course elaborates the treatment of women during pregnancy, delivery and post-partum with Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. The aim of this comprehensive and detailed course is to provide a solid ground of knowledge and clinical experience in order to scutter the fear from treating pregnant women.
- Introduction to pregnancy and delivery physiology from a western and traditional Chinese approach
- The treatment of common conditions during pregnancy: nausea and vomiting, hemorrhoids, abdominal pain and diarrhea, leg edema
- Avoiding miscarriage and recurrent miscarriage
- The treatment of high risk pregnancy: IUGR, pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes
- The treatment of pain during pregnancy: lower back pain and symphysiolysis
- The preparation for an efficient delivery with Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine
- The treatment of common post-partum conditions: insufficient lactation, post partum depression, uterine bleeding