Master Tung’s 33.08 Shou wu jin【手五金】and 33.09 Shou qian jin 【手千金】acupuncture points are located on the forearm between the triple warmer and the small intestine channels.
33.08 Shou wu jin【手五金】is located 6.5 cun above the wrist, 0.5 cun ulnar to the triple warmer meridian.
33.09 Shou qian jin 【手千金】is located 1.5 cun proximal to 33.08.
Needling: Unilateral needling, 0.5- 1.5 cun deep.
Reaction area: Liver, lung.
Main functions: Facilitate the sinews, open the Luo Mai (collateral meridians), clear the blood, clear toxicity.
- Relieve pain and numbness along the hands and feet: for sciatic pain, difficulty in bending or extending the legs, swelling of the lower legs (ankle), foot pain. It can also treat headache and neck pain.
- Reduce itching and toxicity from the body, therefore can be used in allergy, dermatitis, acne, sores or skin ulcers, herpes zoster.
- For stomach pain or inflammation, gall bladder inflammation, diarrhea or colitis, food or drug poisoning.
- In modern thinking these points can be used to regulate substances in the blood vessels such as cholesterol, uric acid and inflammation markers.
- For clearing toxicity let out blood on 11.26 (Zhi wu) acupuncture point.
- For sciatic pain add 22.04 (Da bai)+ 22.05 (Ling gu), six shoulders, 88.25 (Zhong jiu li)+ 66.08 (Liu wan) 66.09 (Shui qu).
- For acute enteritis or gastric pain, gall bladder stones add 66.05 (Men jin)+ 77-02 (Si hua Dao ma)+ 22.10 (Shou jie).